What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cheek extension question

sf3543

Well Known Member
In working on the RV3, I have been able to use some parts from the other kits that are better.
Regarding the cheek extensions, does anyone know what is the difference between the RV3 F-365 and the RV4 F-436 cowl cheek extension parts?
I noticed that the RV4 parts are quite a bit more expensive, and may be fiberglass, but would they be a similar dimension that will fit up against the RV3 cowl?
Thanks for any input.

I think you'd probably have to check some RV-4 drawings to see if the dimensions work out Steve. I seem to recall that the cowl is the same for either plane, but you cut more of it off on the -3.

We ditched the aluminum cowl cheek extensions and just made our own ot of glass.

I would not use the -4 cheek extension. Those glass parts are not worth it. On top of that depending on the prop extension or not, it will change the lenght and radius profile of the cheek extension on the fuse. You can make one to fit perfectly with a little elbow grease.

Steve,

Different strokes...

I used stock RV-4 extensions to make the extensions for my -3.

To see, go here, then click on the right arrow to see all the photos. With paint here.

Tony

Last edited:
Back