What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dyno Numbers In!

TXFlyGuy

Well Known Member
Dyno numbers in...
Here it is, what we have been waiting for. The LS376/480 first run baseline dyno data.

I can't post the graph, but the numbers are:

3500 rpm - 275hp 430 lb ft
4000 rpm - 350hp 460 lb ft
4500 rpm - 430hp 480 lb ft
5000 rpm - 475hp 490 lb ft

This was with long tube headers. The dyno shop is warning us to expect up to a 100hp loss when the "short stack" exhaust is bolted on.

Max hp registered 525 at 6000 rpm. We are limited to 4500 max.

There's no doubt those engines can make amazing HP. But why not test as you intend to fly the motor? As the dyno guy said, your numbers are meaningless if the motor isn't configured as you intend to use it.

There's no doubt those engines can make amazing HP. But why not test as you intend to fly the motor? As the dyno guy said, your numbers are meaningless if the motor isn't configured as you intend to use it.

And, that is phase two of the dyno run. Should have the numbers soon. Phase one was to establish a baseline.

Are these thermally stabilized numbers running at each point for 10 minutes?

can you change the camshaft profile to accommodate cylinder scavenging with the shorter exhaust runs?

I'll have to check on the weight.

Not sure about thermally stabilized, I was not at SAM-Tech.

The Cam is the OEM GM Hot Cam.

After scouring the net for figures, I estimate to lose between 4% and 6% hp with the short stack headers.

Last edited:
Back