What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

B & C Starter for Lycoming 0360

NewbRVator

Well Known Member
Hi everyone I have a sky tech starter on my 0360 which continues to give me troubles was considering switching her to a B and C does anybody have a B & C starter for on their O360 Lycoming in a vans six A I?m wondering about fit and compatibility thanks very much

Working with the Skytech. I have been advised it may be inadequate grounding. So reworking from masterswitch forward.

If so my apologies to Skytech. I DID have a solenoid issue on the Skytech I replaced so it is/was easy to blame the new-ish starter for the recent stumbling on startup.
Will happily update as situation unfolds further.
Thanks

Last edited:
I removed the Sky-tec starter from my brand new Mattituck IO-320 and replaced it with the B&C starter. This is an RV-9A though. I had no issues with clearance using the standard Van's cowl.

F/U on the starter saga. Bad ground (s). Intermittent problem in conjunction with other starter ignition problem (s).
Long story short. If you are having starter problems it pays to troubleshoot from ignition all the way through and back.
Problem solved - not really expensive except for the new starter — mostly frustration.

Back