What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Inter cylinder baffles

sblack

Well Known Member
I have found some great ideas here on attaching inter cylinder baffles to the forward and aft baffles with safety wire. I want to use this method but I need to get access to the inter cyl. baffles to drill them. Can they be removed with the cylinder oil lines in place? Do you just pull up on the hooks that lock the top and bottom sections together? I'm sure this is very simple, but if you haven't done it it is not obvious.

I have found some great ideas here on attaching inter cylinder baffles to the forward and aft baffles with safety wire. I want to use this method but I need to get access to the inter cyl. baffles to drill them. Can they be removed with the cylinder oil lines in place? Do you just pull up on the hooks that lock the top and bottom sections together? I'm sure this is very simple, but if you haven't done it it is not obvious.

The oil drain hose/line has to be removed, much easier to get the wire attached too. Push down on the spring bar on top while using a piece of safety wire to pull the hook to the side. Then slide it off, sliding the spring bar if needed. All that is needed is a strong arm and a bar to push down the spring bar. If you bend it, bend it back before reassembly.

Look carefully at that part, you might find it has horrendous gaps all around. While off it is a good time to seal it up with RTV.

Back