What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

East Pennsylvania / Reigle Field? 58N?

Jimd

Well Known Member
Guys,

I'm planning to fly out to the Cabin Fever Show in a few days, WX permitting. Looks like the closest airport would be 58N Reigel field. Anyone have local knowledge of this airport and surrounding area? It is just east of Harrisburg. I hope to fly out Thursday and come back Sunday. I'll give them a call today or tomorrow and try to get some detail. I'm hoping to get into a hanger for the days I'm there.

Jim

I've flown in and taken a cab over to Hershey Park. Small airport, very nicely maintained. Staff was great.

I'm currently flying a tiger out of Donnegal Springs (N71) and we go there often for gas. The 100LL is usually the cheapest in the area. They do have mogas on the field if that interests you. I think all of the hangars have open front doors.

Very Nice Airport!

Made the trip today, what a nice little airport! Talked with folks that run the place while I waited on enterprise. I called the day before and asked about hanger space and they said they had an unrented hanger I could use. $10 a day, no door, but it has power for my sump heater and I don't need to worry about gust locks and tie downs and rain and snow. Very nicely maintained place.

Prep, great tailwind out of 270 today, I made real good time from Iowa, I hope it swings around when I go home :(

Jim

Jim,
Looking at your signature line here did you go north of Arctic Circle in your RV?

Yes

Jim,
Looking at your signature line here did you go north of Arctic Circle in your RV?

Yes, we did the trip a few years back with Fred S. On a day trip from Fairbanks we went up to (now I can remember the name of the place) and had lunch and talked with the nice FSDO guys who gave us CO detectors.

Jim

Hanger

Here is my ride tucked into one of the open hangers at 58N.

71aa485d135918daef2e451a12f84949_zpsp44gayip.jpg

Jim

Made it back home...

Nice folks! The hanger worked out great for me. I was able to plug in the oil sump heater. It was really cold Monday morning when I left and the heater was essential. I was able to leave the rental car keys and car in the lot and enterprise came and got the car later that morning. I would definitely go back next time.

Jim

Back