What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTN 650 Flight Plan Catalog labels?

sbalmos

Well Known Member
I've got a number of flight plans stored in my 650 for Phase 1 flying, of various lengths and distances. I haven't found any way to label these, so I know which one to select from the catalog. They all are listed as KHAO / KHAO. And selecting each one to preview, going back, select the next one, preview, etc gets time-consuming. So far, my best option is to eschew using the catalog at all, and keep loading my desired plan from Garmin Pilot on the iPad.

Does anyone know of any way to label flight plans in the catalog, or is the load-from-Garmin-Pilot route the best option?

Edit comment

When in the catalog After entering the last leg hit MENU and then edit COMMENT. This is while you are still in the Catalogue. Your comment is visible in the flight plan nder the FRM TO boxes.
If you want to change the comment, under FLT PLN, go back into the catalog, select you flight plan, hit menu, then Edit Comment, and you can put in what you like up to 20 characters.
It will be displayed on that flight plan whenever it is viewed or loaded.
Remember, the edit comment is in the menu while in the catalog fnction of FLT PLN, which is reached by hitting Menu from FLT PLN.

Last edited:
Yup, Jerry, found that also when I was hangar flying last night, right around the time you posted this. Thanks!

Back