What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy Latch - Supertracks

SuperCubDriver

Well Known Member
I had the Supertracks Canopy Track Extension laying around for over a year now. My prop is removed for an overhaul so I thought this is a good time to do the installation.
It all went smooth however I´m missing a canopy latch to hold the canopy open a few inches during warm weather taxi, the one I had cannot be reused with the track extensions.
So I came up with two solutions, here is the one I finally realized:

I reamed the WD-644 canopy roller just a bit for a smooth inner hole. I then fabricated an aluminum slider which goes inside the canopy frame and is springloaded. It is hold in place with the AN525 screw and can slide a litle more than 1/8 of an inch. The slider is held in the up position with a springloaded round handle which locks itself in a small cutout in the canopy frame. Pulling the handle out a bit lets the slider pushed down by it´s spring and a locking pin locks the canopy in a drilled hole to the C-657 Canopy Roller Track. The locking pin is actually a set screw and can be adjusted with an Allen key from the inside.

gVUza1B.jpg

The original canopy lock

WEBMLhO.jpg

All the parts required

W0lb2Fq.jpg

This is how it looks like installed

Last edited:
Back