What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TruTrack EFIS screen issue

Jerry10000

I'm New Here
Yesterday I was test flying a RV7A that I was in the process of purchasing and during run up the screen for the TruTrack EFIS turned black with vertical lines. We shut down and it was the same, but the screen came back on after a few minutes and during the flight it went wonky. I know that this unit isn?t made any longer and does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement or can it be sent to TT for repair? Any advice would be appreciated as this will be my first RV.

TruTrak AutoPilot controller?

If you're talking about the TruTrak AP controller, I sent mine to TruTrak and they copied its settings into a new Vizion controller (now called xCruze). They returned it with an adapter cable so it was a very easy plug 'n play replacement. It's easy to install a pushbutton on the panel for the emergency straight-and-level feature.

Considering the newness of the plane and avionics to you, you might take an RV pilot or a TruTrak guru along on your test flight - or at the very least, know several ways to disengage the AP because it will probably give you some surprises.

It seems the best fix for a TT EFIS is keeping a spare one on hand, purchased fairly inexpensively from another flyer who has yanked it out in favor of a current-manufacture EFIS. Now that TT is owned by Bendix-King I would hold at a zero value the probability of getting any form of positive response from B-K support.

BO1000 - in this case it's the TT EFIS, kind of a funky box that wasn't made for very long. It seems those who have them love them, despite their end-of-life support status.

My TruTrak EFIS did the same thing. I sent it to them in October and got it back in January. They did fix it. I understand there is a plug in the unit that comes loose. They epoxied it in place and so far no problems.

Back