What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rv7 flaps with ski jump

Blake

Well Known Member
Wondering how to resolve my trailing edge ski jump on my flaps. My wing kit is a 2004 vintage. Everything is match drilled and getting ready for final assembly. With everything clecoed together including the fl-708 spacers. The trailing edge has a very large fall off on the top skin and a ski jump on the bottom skin.

Are you saying that you have a 'cusp' on the bottom surface; a down-turn? If both are that way, as a wild guess, any chance you have the skins inverted?

Skins are on each flaps like they are supposed to be. It seems like the top skin holes were they meet up with the bottom skin/ aft spar is causing the ski jump. Wondering if the top skins are a bad batch of parts. Going to contact Van?s in the morning. But wanted to see what you guys thought first. Also looks like I might be able to make a bending blocks to reform the trailing edge

My kit is around 2005 vintage (the -8) - I had one skin (aileron, I think - I'd have to check) that was mis-bent at the trailing edge and resulted in significant deformity when trying to cleco it to the understructure.

Van's sent me a new one.

T.

Back