What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BNC Center Pins

Scott Hersha

Well Known Member
I don’t know how many people have had this problem, maybe I’m the only one, but I have several male BNC connectors that I can’t use because I’ve buggered up the gold plated center pin that goes on the business end of the RG(whatever) coax cable to be connected to your antenna, or your radio. I asked Stein about it a few years ago, but he didn’t have any center pins for sale, and didn’t know where to get any. Well, I’m sure Stein has found a source for those by now, but they are a pretty low cost item, so may not ever be available on his website. I recently found a source, so if any of you, like me, have some male BNC’s that are in need of a center pin - here they are. They are identical to the Amphenol pins included with their male BNC connector kits, and they cost just $3.22 for a 10 pack of these pins. I bought 2 packs so I have some extras for guys at my airport. Showmecables.com....

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49924119368_7e9bb0ce40_m.jpg

Picture doesn’t appear very clear. If you need a better picture, let me know and I’ll email it to you. Or you can just take a look on their website.

Scott?thanks for the link. I also have a number of the connectors and need only pins. Sure wish I?d had this source when I was building.

I don?t know how many people have had this problem, maybe I?m the only one, but I have several male BNC connectors that I can?t use because I?ve buggered up the gold plated center pin that goes on the business end of the RG(whatever) coax cable to be connected to your antenna, or your radio. I asked Stein about it a few years ago, but he didn?t have any center pins for sale, and didn?t know where to get any. Well, I?m sure Stein has found a source for those by now, but they are a pretty low cost item, so may not ever be available on his website. I recently found a source, so if any of you, like me, have some male BNC?s that are in need of a center pin - here they are. They are identical to the Amphenol pins included with their male BNC connector kits, and they cost just $3.22 for a 10 pack of these pins. I bought 2 packs so I have some extras for guys at my airport. Showmecables.com....

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49924119368_7e9bb0ce40_m.jpg

Picture doesn?t appear very clear. If you need a better picture, let me know and I?ll email it to you. Or you can just take a look on their website.

I would consider this post as one of those true "gold mine" posts... A post where a hugely helpful gold nugget of information is made easily available for the rest of us. Thank you!

Yep, me too. I have several of these. They come with the center pin, but the first part to be crimped is the pin, and if you goof that up (which I have done, way more than once and I have the correct crimper), you end up with a new BNC connector with no pin, hence the purchase of extra pins. A 32 cent pins keeps me from throwing away a 3 dollar connector. Not a huge boondoggle, but I hate to ditch a perfectly good connector because I don?t have the tiny part that makes it work.

Back