What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Proseal...How much for Quick Build?

Jumpbat74

The empennage and tail cone are complete. Quick build wings and fuse are in the shop with all parts primed and step by step work underway. We expect to be done with it in a couple months. Finish kit is on order so we can roll right into it. Can anyone give me an estimate on the amount of Proseal (Flamemaster) we would want on hand to complete the QB and maybe the Finish Kit (assuming we continue at a quick enough pace the Proseal doesn?t go bad?

Not sure about the -14 but the only thing on my -8 that's going to require pro seal beyond the tanks, to my knowledge, will be the edges of the cooling ramp. The plans call for pro seal where the firewall flanges meet the side skins, but I used Fire Barrier 2000+ in those spots. The only reason I'm using pro seal for the cooling ramp is that it'll be on the exterior and thus need to be painted, and I don't think the Fire Barrier will accept paint.

With that in mind, I just bought one of the small tubes of pro seal from Spruce, to be used when I finally finish up the lower forward fuse and that cooling ramp.

Proseal

If tanks are sealed, very little is needed. Maybe the small quantity Vans sells. I used it for the control surface stiffeners and NACA ducts. Used Fire Barrier 2000+ for the firewall.
My tanks used a little over a quart so I had plenty for odd jobs. Fixed holes in my Thermorest camping mattresses and a few other things.

If you're not sealing tanks, the use by date is not terribly critical. Got some that's several years old that still sets up ok, but will go gooey if submerged in fuel for a while.
DaveH

Back