What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Video Post - Filling on control surfaces

Thanks Stu!

Just to let you know you are becoming one of my favorite youtube videos. I am sure everyone likes things different but I especially like the "how you do" videos like this one.

Does Vans say it is "ok" to fill those control surfaces? does this change any feel of flight or characteristics or flutter?

It sure looks amazing.

Keep em up!

balancing

I didn't have to re-balance the elevators.

Filling the inside edge is aft of the hinge and filling the tip is forward of the hinge. It balanced near perfectly afterwards.

Feel

I don't notice any feel or flight difference (in the 2 hours I've flown this one - dang weather around here) - but I've done it on 3 RVs now.

Its just for looks - however I have heard of one case of an empennage fairing getting stuck in the inside of the elevator.

Feel

I don't notice any feel or flight difference (in the 2 hours I've flown this one - dang weather around here) - but I've done it on 3 RVs now.

Its just for looks - however I have heard of one case of an empennage fairing getting stuck in the inside of the elevator.

Feel

Back