What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Tank decal

rvator4twa

Well Known Member
Patron
Does anyone know of a source of decals for 91 Octane or higher? Would love to have one that said 91 Octane minimum as my O360 (8.5/1) with dual EFII I burn mostly 93 Octane auto fuel, with or without ethanol.

Or go to a vinyl sign shop and have them make a set. Take the idea and they can normally make a professionally looking set, or two, in less than 1hr. I took a .jpg copy of a fuel decal from ACS and told them the exact changes I wanted. IIRC they charged me $20.00 for two sets of ready to apply (RTA) decals with the fuel tank amount already on them. These are one of the first things people notice when they see the airplane so spending a few $$$ extra was a no brainer to me. YMMV

:cool:

Last edited:
Fuel Decals

I currently have label maker style and wanted a more professional look. My RV is polished so an attractive color circle would be nice. Thanks. Vinal sounds best so far.

You could have the fuel caps engraved, and not use a label/sticker...

Fuel caps may be off and upside down when the fuel nozzle arrives at the plane. Thereby scuttling the last chance for the fuel guy's brain to make the connection about the wrong fuel. Also, fuel caps can get lost, changed etc.

Bevan

Fuel caps may be off and upside down when the fuel nozzle arrives at the plane. Thereby scuttling the last chance for the fuel guy's brain to make the connection about the wrong fuel. Also, fuel caps can get lost, changed etc.

Bevan

+1 on fuel cap engraving.

I never let anyone fuel my plane other than me. I broke this rule just once over the last 15 years - and got shorted 7 gallons.

Carl

+1 on fuel cap engraving.

I never let anyone fuel my plane other than me. I broke this rule just once over the last 15 years - and got shorted 7 gallons.

Carl

Same here...only guy putting fuel in my plane is me. I don't need the hangar rash that line guys seem to be infected with :)

Back