What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spurwink farm fly-in 2017

rvator9a

Well Known Member
Just a reminder to any rv-ers in the southern maine area. EAA chapter 141 will be having our yearly pancake breakfast on sunday july 9. Please join us and enjoy the beautiful location of spurwink farm in Cape Elizabeth Maine

Just a reminder to any rv-ers in the southern maine area. EAA chapter 141 will be having our yearly pancake breakfast on sunday july 9. Please join us and enjoy the beautiful location of spurwink farm in Cape Elizabeth Maine

Since Spurwink is a private strip can you give us any details such as length and condition?

Thanks

Spurwink Farm
500 Fowler Road
Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107

this may help you find the uncharted strip.
se of portland class c. on the outer edge of inner ring.
short grass strip, short field technique.
anyone have info on freq.
fund raiser for eaa chapter in maine.

Spurwink Farm
500 Fowler Road
Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107

this may help you find the uncharted strip.
se of portland class c. on the outer edge of inner ring.
short grass strip, short field technique.
anyone have info on freq.
fund raiser for eaa chapter in maine.

Yeah the farm and it's location, is easy to find on Google.

I'd like to know more about the airstrip.

the runway is fine for the rv. not sure the actual length but guessing about 1,800 or so. clear to the south, small trees to the north. hope this helps.

Sorry to be slow to reply. The field is 1700ft of smooth mowed grass.It is also pretty wide, although we do park planes on the sides as it fills up. The freq used is 122.9. If you stay below 1500 ft that will keep you out of portlands airspace.

Back