What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

flap hinge pin interference

scottw

Guys, I would really like to keep my flap hinge pin in one piece but it interferes with the aileron bracket as seen in the photo. Do you suppose it would be permissible to relieve that bracket to get the specified aileron deflection? I think I could achieve it by just taking a 1/8 inch scallop, what have others done to secure the hinge pin? Pictures? trying to stay away from using two pins and removing tabs in the middle. thank you.
flap%20pin.jpg

I made mine this way but I off set the hole in the bracket ever so slightly that the pin can not go thru the hole unless it is pushed (manually). This way, I still can move/install the pin but it can not work itself out and cause a bind.

That was my method, not sure if it is good or bad but I have not had any issues in 600+ hours.

I made mine this way but I off set the hole in the bracket ever so slightly that the pin can not go thru the hole unless it is pushed (manually). This way, I still can move/install the pin but it can not work itself out and cause a bind.
That was my method, not sure if it is good or bad but I have not had any issues in 600+ hours.

Same method on mine since 1993. No problems so far.

Back