What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

switching from metal Sensenich to Gary Hetzler's wooden Silver Bullet

martinair

Hi,

Gary's prop arrived and maybe somebody can help me with following information:

which back and front plate do I need to order (and where), and even maybe a new spinner?

Thanks!

Gary Hertzler's Silver Bullet PROPELLER

Not easy to find much about this fellow online...so I added the corrected spelling which I think is part of the problem!

interesting fellow, no spring chicken eh?....like many who have done great things...and are still doing them!!!

tell us more about this prop???

Silver Bullet Propeller info

Gary Hertzler here. If you would like a little more information about my Silver Bullet propeller please contact me directly via email at [email protected]. I am a one man shop and have all the business I can handle just by word of mouth so I haven't invested in a web site.

Hoo-YA!

Gary Hertzler here. If you would like a little more information about my Silver Bullet propeller please contact me directly via email at [email protected]. I am a one man shop and have all the business I can handle just by word of mouth so I haven't invested in a web site.

Gary,
Good to see you on the site!
Here's another very satisfied customer testament to add to your ranks.
GREAT prop and well worth the wait. :)

V/R
Smokey

PS: My 175HP RV4/0-320 had previously sported an MT fixed pitch. When I installed the Hertzler all the numbers changed, drastically. The Hertzler develops HP and performance at much lower RPM's than most other props and seems to get better the higher you climb. Bottom line, 170 Knots TAS at 8500' 22"/2500. Had a friend not begged to buy it from me it would still adorn the nose of my RV4.

PSS: Martin: I cut my Sterba spinner out to fit the Hertzler.Easy mod. If not, use a new Van's 12" spinner (old cowl)take a piece of solder, bend it around the base of the prop hub and then use it as your template for the cut. You will need a 1/2" spacer on the rear of the prop as it is a thinner hub, I used one from Saber MFG.

[

Last edited:
Back