What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any one ever use a Texas In/Out deburr tool?

FL-flyer

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had any experiencing using a texas In/Out Deburr Tool? This tool supposedly can deburr both sides of the hole but I suspect it may not do a good job with only having a spring loaded single flute. Before I spend the money, I just want to ask if anyone has an opinion on this. Thanks!

http://www.yardstore.com/in-out-deburr-tool-3-32-quot.html

Last edited:
I use these in my machine shop on machined parts. The spring tension is adjustable but if set too lightly it won't remove the burr. I think it would leave an excessively large chamfer on thin sheet metal.

I have used something similar when deburing the far side of a "blind rivet" hole. Seems to work fine.

Yes...I picked up a whole set of them of various sizes on Ebay during the build. They worked great. I've forgotten who the manufacturer is now, but they're pricey when new. You can usually find them on Ebay for much less, but the 3/32" size is not as commonly available there.

A real time saver...I liked them.

These came with some barley used tools I bought, I prefer the old school hand deburring tool, I feel you have more control, mine are not adjustable. They are nice for the hole that you cant get to the back side though.

Cogsdill Burraway

Cogsdill makes the two sided demurring tool you are referring to. There are probably other manufacturers as well - I just get mine from Cogsdill.

I use them mostly when I can't get to the backside of a hole that need to be deburred. Too costly to use for common deburring purposes.

You can change the amount of "debur" by adjusting the spring tension in the mandrel & by the speed at which you pass the tool through the hole.

One caveat - although the blades are replaceable, the 3/32 (#40) are so small that the mfg. recommends replacing the whole mandrel, and it is expensive (ask me how I know).

As other posters have noted, if you can find them, they are cheaper on eBay - but you have the possibility of having a compromised tool upon receipt. I got a complete set - 3/32 to 1/4 off eBay, but they were NOS and as such had no compromise of quality. That was years ago, and I have never seen anything like it since (in the smaller sizes).

YMMV

HFS

Last edited:
Cogsdill Burraway

Cogsdill makes the two sided demurring tool you are referring to. There are probably other manufacturers as well - I just get mine from Cogsdill.

I use them mostly when I can't get to the backside of a hole that need to be deburred. Too costly to use for common deburring purposes.

You can change the amount of "debur" by adjusting the spring tension in the mandrel & by the speed at which you pass the tool through the hole.

One caveat - although the blades are replaceable, the 3/32 (#40) are so small that the mfg. recommends replacing the whole mandrel, and it is expensive (ask me how I know).

As other posters have noted, if you can find them, they are cheaper on eBay - but you have the possibility of having a compromised tool upon receipt. I got a complete set - 3/32 to 1/4 off eBay, but they were NOS and as such had no compromise of quality. That was years ago, and I have never seen anything like it since (in the smaller sizes).

YMMV

HFS

Have used them for over 20-years. Here is the manufacturer's website.

I like them but they are too easy to break. Blades can be replaced but cannot get the correct size blade for my old 3/32" tool. The new 3/32" tool is impossible or next to impossible to change the blade.

The tool is so expensive that I typically only use mine where I have to because another technique does not work. NO I do not want to give away or sell the ones that I own. IF the tool was more durable, it could cut deburing time in half.

IMHO, the tool is a lot of money for a tool that is of low value.

Last edited:
Back