What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring & Plumbing On/In Tunnel

cderk

Well Known Member
For those who are using the Aerosport Center Console...

I was contemplating putting front headset jacks inside the center console and then headset jacks, the MH o2 ports and maybe a USB port on the back side of the console.

I'm trying to figure out how to bring my wiring to the location and then the oxygen tubes from behind the bulkhead. I dont have the console yet, but am thinking that I can run wiring on top of the metal tunnel cover (between cover and console). Has anyone else done this?

Second question is the feasibility of running the oxygen lines (8 total) from behind the bulkhead on top of the tunnel cover in the back and through the console. Just have no idea how much space is there and how the carpeting in the back sits on the tunnel cover (I imagine the oxygen lines would be between the carpet and tunnel cover.

Looking for other suggestions...

Thanks
Charlie

I am installing a home made armrest console. I ran the headset jacks down the side and towards the center under the seats. Then into the tunnel and up the front side of the spar (wires attached to spar, via press on anchors, to avoid contact with pushrod and rudder cables). Cables come over the top of the spar next to the 2" duct then through the tunnel cover. I have a 12 pin molex connector and used a rubber grommet that was 1" OD and 1/4" ID for the penetration. I put firesleeve over the wires where they are near the scat tube. Not sure this is necessary, but didn't have any evidence to confirm it is not.

02 tubing comes down the side then to the center via the gap between the two spars (tie wrapped to cross bolts). Then follows the same path. I ran only one 1/8" ID tube that splits into four feeds once in the console. A smaller OD grommet is used for the cover penetration.

The grommets allow you to easily remove the cover with the wiring in place.

Larry

Last edited:
For those who are using the Aerosport Center Console...

I was contemplating putting front headset jacks inside the center console and then headset jacks, the MH o2 ports and maybe a USB port on the back side of the console.

I'm trying to figure out how to bring my wiring to the location and then the oxygen tubes from behind the bulkhead. I dont have the console yet, but am thinking that I can run wiring on top of the metal tunnel cover (between cover and console). Has anyone else done this?

Second question is the feasibility of running the oxygen lines (8 total) from behind the bulkhead on top of the tunnel cover in the back and through the console. Just have no idea how much space is there and how the carpeting in the back sits on the tunnel cover (I imagine the oxygen lines would be between the carpet and tunnel cover.

Looking for other suggestions...

Thanks
Charlie

I also have the Aerosport center console and am planning on installing the headset jacks, oxygen lines, and USB ports as you described. I'm also going to be looking for a way to use quick disconnects so that I can easily remove the center console in the future.

wiring

I have the Aerosport console and will be installing jacks and USBs but no O2.

I am going to use Deutsch connectors as disconnect points for the wiring...

Back