What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ads-b

vgb

Well Known Member
I haven't installed ads-b unit yet and was just told that a experimental does not qualify for the $500 FAA rebate. Is this true

I haven't installed ads-b unit yet and was just told that a experimental does not qualify for the $500 FAA rebate. Is this true

From what I have read, my experimental RV-6 is eligible for the rebate.

Following is a Copy/Paste from FAA website:

Find out if you are eligible for a rebate:

Eligible aircraft: U.S.-registered, fixed-wing, single-engine piston aircraft first registered before January 1, 2016.

Eligible equipment: ADS-B Out avionics that have received an ADS-B Technical Standard Order authorization and meet ADS-B Out rule requirements (software upgrades of existing equipment are not eligible). Rebates are not available for aircraft already equipped or for which the FAA has paid or committed to upgrade.

Proof of equipage: Rebate reservations can only be made within 90 days of installation. Within 60 days of installation, aircraft must be flown in "rule airspace" as defined in 14 CFR 91.225 for a minimum of 30 minutes with at least 10 aggregate minutes of maneuvering (AC 20-165B contains flight maneuver recommendations).

Read the ADS-B Rebate Program Rules (PDF)
View the Paperwork Reduction Act Burden Statement and Privacy Act Statement (PDF) for the collection of information under the ADS-B Rebate Program.

Back