What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying to Houston

pilotmansam

I will be flying to Houston this month to visit my son at NASA and staying a few days. This will be my first long trip with my RV. Thinking of going into LaPorte since it looks most convenient. Any suggestions, recommendations, better FBOs?

The cheapest fuel and friendly folks these days are at Baytown (coming from the east). I don't even know if Laporte has much in the way of an FBO these days - Debbie Rhin's school is there in the corner of course, but I don't know if they cater to transients. Ellington is "big airport expensive" at the FBO last time I looked, and Pearland is a great field - but their fuel prices are nuts (compared to Baytown). If it were me, I'd stop at Baytown for fuel on the way into town, then pick the field most convenient to your son to tie down.

What organization is your son with at JSC?

Paul

Also bargain fuel at KLBX

A number of us fly to Texas Gulf Coast Regional, KLBX, for bargain 100 LL. Also a restaurant on the field there. :)

Thanks for the information

Thanks for the response. This is a great group! My son is a Flight Controller and robotics engineer with USA. Guess it's still USA since they may be dissolving the organization. At least he still has a job for now working the ISS!

Back