What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kudos to Garmin Support

rolivi

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Want to send out public thanks to G3Xpert!

I sent an email looking for a wiring suggestion for my specific items and received a very detailed answer with pictures and everything THE SAME DAY!

Thank you so much.

Maybe you could also ask them to continue supporting their very expensive equipment that is over 5 years old? Seems like you have "the touch".

Isn't competition wonderful?

Companies like Dynon and GRT took the EFIS experimental market away from the legacy Garmin "because we say so" business model. Garmin responded by creating their own experimental skunk works following the Dynon and GRT model of customer service and went head to head with competitively priced products like the G3X.

We can only hope this revitalize business model spills over to their larger GA product line for those things we can't buy elsewhere - like IFR navigators. Either that or with luck perhaps Dynon or someone else will come out with their own IFR navigator and again let competition do what it does best.

Carl

Maybe you could also ask them to continue supporting their very expensive equipment that is over 5 years old? Seems like you have "the touch".

Nothing new in my stack:
GMA340
SL-30
GX60 <-- find something older and functional
GTX327

Oh, and a 696.... No touches in my panel

And my PFD is Dynon, which was included in my email to G3Xpert. Go check my other support praises.. I know Dynon is in there, specifically King.

Last edited:
Kudos

Kudos to the guys at Garmin's Experimental support office. Truly impressed.

When my Sirius XM stopped working in the G3X Touch (because who can fly without that?!) just one eMail and a phone call saw a new unit being mailed to me. It was too easy.

Truly appreciate the design as well, it's nice to have that plug-and-play capability. Just popped it in and didn't lose anything except some channel and frequencies favorites!

Thanks again.

GTR 200 Support was Terrific

I'll add my praises and sincere Thanks to the guys at Garmin Support.
I had a GTR 200 start acting strange after only 3 months and 40 hours of operation (display went blank randomly during flight).
The radio was purchased as part of Van's RV12 Avionics kit about 2-1/2 years ago, so it was out of warranty "technically".
Discussed the situation with the guys at Garmin, including the fact that I could still read the Frequencies on my Dynon Skyview.
Jonathan told me that Garmin gives them some latitude with warranties for amateur builders. We agreed that I would send in my radio and then they would ship me a refurb unit.
In actuality, I received an email that they were shipping me the replacement unit the SAME DAY. Sure enough it arrived 2 days later.
Awesome, courteous, friendly, and patient folks!

Dave Welch

I finally got my G3X system powere up and one of the servos was not working. I sent an email to Stein and they said Garmin stands behind their equipment and in a couple days I had a new servo delivered, before I even sent the bad one back. I purchased it in fall 2014 and still Garmin covered their equipment. I was very appreciative of both Garmin and Stein.

Isn't competition wonderful?

We can only hope this revitalize business model spills over to their larger GA product line for those things we can't buy elsewhere - like IFR navigators. Either that or with luck perhaps Dynon or someone else will come out with their own IFR navigator and again let competition do what it does best.

Carl

I hope so too, but fear it's wishful thinking. There is no competition to speak of in the lower end of the ifr TSO'd GPS market. When there is no competition companies price to maximize profits, not sales. Unfortunately the high up front cost of getting the TSO effectively precludes new competition. The only hope is for the FAA to reduce the TSO burden.

Back