What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GDL 39 as a gps source for area 796

I use the 795 connected via bluetooth to the GDL39. Also use the uavionix tail beacon. This set up works great.

I believe 796 is the master

I had a similar question some time ago and in a post from Steve at Garmin when the GDL39 is connected to the 796 the 796 becomes the master for GPS position, in my case the two are hardwired but assume the same is true when connected by bluetooth.
Figs

Aera 796

Has anyone had any luck using the GDL 39 for a gps source for the area 796 via the bluetooth?

Good Morning,

It is the other way around, like the GDU 4XX and Aera 660, the Aera 796 will provide GPS position to the GDL 39.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Justin

Bummer, so I'll have to have a separate gps antenna for the 796? It's panel mounted and the internal gps antenna doesn't get a very good signal.

"GDL 39 can provide highly accurate WAAS GPS location information to your mobile device — such as an iPad® — using Bluetooth technology. This provides your device with the precision you’d expect from our aviation-grade navigation devices, updating at a rate of up to 5 times per second depending on the capability of the device used."

Its crazy Garmin will let a ipad use the waas gps and not the 796. I would have been better off installing a ipad in the panel apparently than the 796.

QUOTE=g3xpert;1418485]Good Morning,

It is the other way around, like the GDU 4XX and Aera 660, the Aera 796 will provide GPS position to the GDL 39.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Justin[/QUOTE]

Back