What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SDS and GRT EIS

Foghorn

Well Known Member
Has anyone wired up a dual SDSEFI to the GRT EIS?

My main question is in regards to hooking up the tachs. The dual SDS has one 12v (yellow wire) and a 5v (green wire) tach output for the primary ECU and a 12v (yellow wire) tach output for the backup ECU.

The EIS has tach 1 & 2 input. Do I just wire up the 12v outputs and forget about the 5v output.

My goal here is to not see smoke when I hit the master for the first time.

Thanks

My eis happily accepts a 12 volt tach signal from my EI. Not sure if it could accommodate a 5 volt signal.

Thanks for the replies.

Mike - Ross told me the same thing. I guess I should have asked the question differently. I was thinking all the wires need to find a connection. Now I'm seeing that it's either the 12v tach output OR the 5v tach output.

I'll use the 12v and skip the 5v wires.

Thank you!

I'd look at the tach signal specs for the EIS (whichever brand). If they allow at least 12V there, will be fine using the pin 22 yellow wire from SDS.

I think the idea with most boxes having 2 inputs available is for checking ignitions so you have a tach reading while operating on either.

With SDS, the tach frequency delivered is 2 pulses per crank rev on 4 cylinder engines, 3 for 6 cylinders.

Back