What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CPI dimensions

akschu

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm still working through CPI 1 or 2 for my panel, and have more thinking to do in regards to backup power, but one thing that would be helpful to know is the external dimensions of the CPI.

The website says:

Small size- 4.4 X 2.35 X 1.2 inches for module

Does anyone know if that with or without the flush mount ears? If it's with ears it will fit in my panel, if it's without, then it will have to be remote mounted.

I would ask Ross, but I know he is busy, and someone might have one handy to measure.

My suggestion is to have Ross send you some housings for the various options you are looking at. This was a huge help for me because it allowed me to take into consideration how and where the wire runs from each would need to go. I was also able to mock them up in my cockpit and make engine starting and tuning noises :)

Last edited:
I'm still working through CPI 1 or 2 for my panel, and have more thinking to do in regards to backup power, but one thing that would be helpful to know is the external dimensions of the CPI.

The website says:

Small size- 4.4 X 2.35 X 1.2 inches for module

Does anyone know if that with or without the flush mount ears? If it's with ears it will fit in my panel, if it's without, then it will have to be remote mounted.

I would ask Ross, but I know he is busy, and someone might have one handy to measure.

Sorry for the late reply.

At the mounting ears, 5.4 X 2.39. Body of box is 4.43 X 2.39.

Panel window cutout 4.063 X 2.032

Unit thickness is 1.232

Note the connectors and vacuum hose exit the lower right side of the 1.232 dimension so we recommend a minimum of 1.25 inches distance between dual units when they are arranged vertically, one above each other.

Back