What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FI doghouse dimesion request

pazmanyflyer

Well Known Member
I have an email into Vans but thought I'd throw this out here too.

I have finished my EFII fp plumbing and am looking to ordering the "doghouse" if they still provide it. Before I order I'd like to know from other builders what the length of the doghouse is from front of selector cover to front of doghouse.

FP%252520dim.jpg

Before I installed mine, I asked Robert where he would mount the pumps, he said engine side firewall, he said he prefers all the high pressure out there, makes sense, I also asked about the heat and fuel vapor lock concerns, he said no problem with the high volume of recirculated fuel.

Before I installed mine, I asked Robert where he would mount the pumps, he said engine side firewall, he said he prefers all the high pressure out there, makes sense, I also asked about the heat and fuel vapor lock concerns, he said no problem with the high volume of recirculated fuel.

Thanks for the input. Now I'm curious, where did you locate it?

Mine is there to stay. That space has been designed for the fuel pump and I'm not looking to relocate or re-engineer one to FWF.

So anyone have this dimension?

Approx. 12". However, mine is slightly modified for the 6 which requires flange extensions on the fuel selector tower. I don't think it would vary much but....

Back