What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wheel bearing grease

I simply use generic automotive wheel bearing grease for disc brake wheels, red in color (e.g Pennzoil grease). It's always worked well for me. For the tailwheel bushing I use Lubriplate Aero white grease. Seems to work perfect for me. My tailwheel bearings are sealed so whatever grease they have in them is good for the life of those bearings (deluxe composite tailwheel from Flyboy Accessories).

Last edited:
General purpose John Deere grease works well in the harsh field conditions on my farm equipment and my rocket wheel bearings as well

Just so you get the entire range of options to consider, you can always get Alan at Antisplat to change your bearings to the sealed kind. Then you can throw away all that bearing grease you purchased and not worry about it any more:)
erich

Just so you get the entire range of options to consider, you can always get Alan at Antisplat to change your bearings to the sealed kind. Then you can throw away all that bearing grease you purchased and not worry about it any more:)
erich

I am soon going to need a second hangar for all the things I am collecting these days...:eek:

So nobody is worried about how thick these greases are?

I am soon going to need a second hangar for all the things I am collecting these days...:eek:

So nobody is worried about how thick these greases are?

As Mr. Newman would say: "What, me Worry" :D

"Mobilgrease 28 is designed for the lubrication of plain and rolling bearings at low to high speeds, and splines, screws, worm gears, and other mechanisms where high friction reduction, low wear, and low lubricant friction losses are required. The recommended operating temperature range is -54ºC to 177ºC (-65ºF to 350ºF) with appropriate relubrication intervals. "

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I am going to try the Mobil SHC100 since it cost the most and I now own 4.4 lbs of it! :D

FOLLOW UP 1/16/15: I replaced the two main tires and tubes this weekend. The Mobil SHC 100 worked great.

Last edited:
Back