What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skybeacon Wingtip Install

I have been hoping someone has come up with a solution for the Skybeacon wingtip install.

The Problem:
In the Skybeacon installation manual (Page 19 section 7.3 Mounting) it states the unit must be mounted ?parallel to the vertical and horizontal centerlines of the aircraft? https://uavionix.com/downloads/skyb...er-and-Installation-Guide-UAV-1001421-001.pdf

Replacing the existing nav/strobe light on the curved surface of the RV4 wing will not allow that.
Yes I know I could use the tail beacon but I really prefer the wingtip ADS-B out, and the ADS-B in once that companion lighting solution becomes available.

Has anyone come up with a mount to solve this curved wingtip problem?
I?m sure RV owners like me, with limited building skills, would appreciate a ready-made mount and would be willing to pay for same.

I have seen a solution - somewhere on this forum. SOmeone build up the wing tip to make the install parallel (build up just under/around the light). Others that have all lights inside the clear plexiglass have cut a hole to allow the antenna to fit through.

However, I think another better solution may be the tailbeacon?

Back