What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim Airspeed Switch Leaking

Last edited:
Oh ok. I have the TCW Safety trim system without the 2-speed function. I'm not sure exactly what I'd gain with the airspeed option as the single speed works just fine for me.

Last edited:
Do many use the trim safety Kit?

Not to hijack my own thread but do many use the trim safety Kit?

The Garmin G3X system has an equivalent capability with trim speed adjusted at changing air speeds and a time limit for trim duration/movement in case of a stuck trim switch. The settings for these are adjustable, and no need for an airspeed switch as it uses the ADHARS provided airspeed. That's what I am using on my RV-10.

Merry Christmas

I also have the Safe Trim with the two speed option. I haven?t had any problems with the switch and works as advertised.

Oh ok. I have the TCW Safety trim system without the 2-speed function. I'm not sure exactly what I'd gain with the airspeed option as the single speed works just fine for me.

To each his own. On the -10, I find the stock trim speed almost too slow on a go-around, and definitely too fast at cruise. I wired my Trio autopilot trim function (can be used with servos disengaged) to run slower at cruise. Makes fine-tuning the trim easier.

Has anyone had problems with an airspeed switch leaking?
Yes, the static pressure port seems to be vented to the interior of the case.
And the plastic case leaks at the seams.Instead of connecting
the low pressure port to the static system, I vented it to the cockpit.

Back