VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 11-26-2019, 11:43 AM

Default WingX now as approach plate overlays

Latest version now has approach plate overlays... about time !!!
Old 11-29-2019, 12:45 PM

Default wingx wonky

have you noticed any issues with the latest wingx update? I've flown twice since the update and I've noticed that the app is telling me I'm constantly changing directions when I'm not. I'm also having serious wifi connectivity issues since the update. No problems at all like this before the update.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:40 AM

Have flown once since the update and so far have not noticed these issues
Old 11-30-2019, 12:31 PM

Flew once and the only wonk was a previously noted occasional crash issue, which they told me was known, but apparently the fix did not make it into this update.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:22 PM

Oh yes!! I am so glad you posted this. I was starting to think it was my system. I have the same exact issue of the GPS track showing wild swings. I have wingX on my iPad and have used it for almost 3 years. I have it coupled to an iLevil AW3 with pitot static capability. I have no steam gauges and use WingX as my primary flight display. After the November 25 version upgrade, my GPS track is not usable at all. The app also still will occasionally crash and also for the last few months, when I go to set my altimeter setting (i am using the pitot static setting), it displays 29.92 initially but as soon as you push the "plus button" it goes to 29.01 and you have to go all the way up to whatever your setting needs to be. Takes a lot of time and not the thing I want to be doing after the app crashes while in busy airspace and I am supposed to be holding altitude. I have been relatively happy with the app but this latest thing and a problem they had 2 database cycles ago has diminished my enthusiasm. That previous problem was that the database cycle did not show obstacles while using synthetic vision. They finally got that fixed but still undermined my confidence. I am moving to a GRT Sport EX system and will just use WingX for back up.
Thanks for the note
Keith
lurking for years but now paid
Old 12-05-2019, 02:38 PM

Following up, today I did a long flight in a different plane and had the wild swings of heading right off the bat. But all else was spot on, location tracked perfectly with my ownship ADS-B target. I was using a STRATUX that had its own GPS and AHRS, but a woefully old software build. When I disabled WiFi and used the integrated iPad GPS all was well.

Interestingly, my previous flight without the heading issue was with an ilevil AW3. I will try it in yet another plane, with a STRATUX using a current software load and see what happens.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:58 PM

Mine is showing crazy heading changes too. I'm glad this was posted because I was beginning to think I had a GPS antenna spewing signals.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:22 PM

Default glad it's not just me

really happy to hear that this is a WingX problem and not an issue with my almost-new Echo/Safefly unit.
I went flying today and had the wild heading swings on both the ipad and an iphone, and interestingly enough, they matched perfectly.
I've sent a message to Hilton Software support and I suspect I'm not the only one. They need to get this fixed pronto, particularly when they said this latest update was supposed to make "GPS location more stable."
Old 12-06-2019, 06:42 AM

Went flying today and had same issues.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:15 PM

Is this only happening if you are using an external unit like Stratux to feed GPS data ?