Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-07-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevan View Post
I’m curious about the IFR qualification. I assume the co-pilot side screen is the required backup for the main screen. Has it been established that the viewing angle of the second screen is within limits?

Bevan
I have the Dual 5600T screens in my -7 with dual ADAHARS, there is no problem viewing the MFD from the left seat and as mentioned the PFD joystick can control the MFD. When flying IFR I split the MFD to display a second horizon and the enroute chart/approach plate. Not including the inserts, you can display 4 different functions between the 2 screens and still have engine displays wherever you like.
RV6 #20477 completed 1991 sold.
RV7 #72018 N767T first flight 11/21/2017 300+ hrs.
IO-360M1B MT 3 blade, Dual AFS 5600 QUICK Panel.
Manual Flaps. (KOXC)Oxford, CT, (0NY0)North Creek, NY.
1941 J3 Cub skis,floats.
2020 dues gladly paid.

Last edited by Jpm757 : 04-07-2020 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Ad
Old 04-07-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevan View Post
Iím curious about the IFR qualification. I assume the co-pilot side screen is the required backup for the main screen. Has it been established that the viewing angle of the second screen is within limits?

Bevan
In the USA there is no requirement for a backup EFIS for IFR flight, not saying that is smart just not required.

In my RV-10 I have 4 separate AHRS units.

All three main EFIS screens are connected to a Dynon ADAHRS-200 and ADAHRS-201. The Garmin G5 is wired to the ACM-ECB and gets connected to the AF-5600 and AF-5700 for cross checking. The AF-5600 and 5700 can also use the G5 ADAHRS as a backup ADAHRS source. The Avidyne IFD-550 also has an internal AHRS that drives the IFD horizon display in this picture.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems / Dynon Avionics
Old 04-08-2020, 03:54 AM

I noticed the picture of the panel (in post #4) was of a Canadian aircraft. Hence my interest. It is my understanding that a backup display screen is required for IFR (in Canada) and needs to be within the pilot’s field of view (there’s a max viewing angle). I can’t find the reg right now so I was wondering if you knew off hand having just gone through this (what the maximum angle is). That panel is nice looking!
Precision F.I. with AP purge valve
Vinyl Wrapped Exterior
Grand Rapids EFIS
Located in western Canada

Last edited by Bevan : 04-08-2020 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Removed quite and added brackets for clarity.