What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Medical Oxygen tank refilling help/suggestions

not having much luck finding someone to fill my e size medical oxygen tank. medical wont touch it without rx, matheson gas or praxair wont touch it either. I think the tank is too big for a firehouse cascade system anyway.

I got the runaround yesterday trying to find one of our many local medical supply places willing to fill my O2 tank with no luck. I ended up going to a local Class D airport with a good selection of FBO's and had it filled there. $30. I am tempted to just buy a tank from the local welding supply store and a fill/transfer hose and be done with it.

Get a welding oxygen tank and a transfer hose. Problem solved. It will pay for itself very quickly. The bonus is with one more tank, you can cut metal with fire. What is cooler than that!

David - I still want to come up and see you sometime when I am in Lansing. My firend has a hangar at the Howell airport with a T-6 and a L-39 in it. I like to come up to just drool.

I have my 28 year old M22 bottle (purchased from Aerox) filled by an O2 service company in Orange County CA for $10 while I wait, or from my local Montana hospital overnight - $8. The Service Co in CA handles the hydrostat testing every 5 years for $12.50 I occasionally fill the M bottle from my welding tank, but most of my X/C flights are long and I need 2,100+ psig

Both the hospital and O2 service company require a Rx; easy 'cuz my daughter is a MD and took her first ride in an Experimental at age 6 months :D:

deek

Get a welding oxygen tank and a transfer hose. Problem solved. It will pay for itself very quickly. The bonus is with one more tank, you can cut metal with fire. What is cooler than that!

David - I still want to come up and see you sometime when I am in Lansing. My firend has a hangar at the Howell airport with a T-6 and a L-39 in it. I like to come up to just drool.

I keep my plane up north now at KGDW (Gladwin). I'd be happy to meet up with you if possible. There are several RV's based in Howell, some that I know of are on this forum. I always enjoyed watching your buddy fly that L-39 when I was based at Howell. Whenever I heard that thing fire up I ran out of the hanger to watch! That is one gorgeous plane.

Back