What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

? Return Line on Tanks

DWC7A

I am building the tanks for 7A. Plan on having fuel injected engine and am wondering if I need a return line? I just don't know how the fuel system is set up on a fuel injected engine.
If I need to do this, now is the time. Thanks for all the great info on the forum.

DWC7A
Working on wings, QB fuse on order.

Fuel return line on RV-8

FYI, The fuel system on the RV-8 for the fuel-injected engines has fuel lines coming from the tanks to the fuel selector inputs. Coming out of the bottom of the fuel selector, there is a tee that feeds the fuel filter, then the fuel pump, then the over flow comes back to the other port on the tee on the fuel selector. The fuel return line doesn't run all the way back to the tanks, simply to the fuel selector valve.

If you don't have the fuselage kit yet, you should be able to confirm this setup is the same on the RV-7 by looking for the "Fuel System" plans in your preview plans. I vaguely remember that this is plans 31 and 31A for the RV-8.

Steve

Thanks for the info. My preview plans show the typical set up for the fuel lines. It does not show the Tee fitting or discuss a fuel injected set up. Shows what I don't know. Will research more.

DWC7A
Dennis Conner

Captain_John said:
Dee Dub, this is a link that I wrote explaining the how's and why's on my system.

Vapor Return Lines

I am not saying that I am right or wrong. This is just what I did.

Hope it helps!

:) CJ
Thanks, that was in line with what I was thinking. I am putting the vapor recovery line in mine. I have already purchased the fittings and will locate the holes tomorrow. Worse case if I did not use that line, I would just cap the fitting. Thanks again.

DWC7A

Back