Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > RV Firewall Forward Section > Propellers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2019, 06:42 AM

I wonder if there are any plans for a version that could be used on the IO540?
G
Old 06-23-2019, 02:45 PM

Default FYI

Not this prop but I did order an RV200 prop with a fairly custom paint (not to fancy) and it was dead on the date they promised. I find that they also read these forums and I believe they are trying to do better with communications and lead time. Everyone at Whirlwind has been super nice so its hard to imagine that anyone can get upset at them. As a business owners I know how the Internet could be your best friend or your worse enemy.
I'm hanging the prop next week and can't wait to post the performance but at first glance it's just beautiful. If you are at all interested in this prop or any Whirlwind CS prop, I have one thing to say : You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar - Just call them and tell them if you are concerned
RV-10 - Partnered with a good friend

Supporting VAF since the first visit
Old 06-23-2019, 03:28 PM

Default WW in a IO540

G

They seem to be producing one for the IO540 called the 375 @ 378HRT, just FYI. I've not heard anyone's experience with this prop. So far they have been prompt at least getting me a quote and delivery. The 300-72RV series is being made in their California facility instead of the constant speed facility in Ohio to help with back-log.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:33 AM

Default Whirlwind prop for RV10

I just had the honor to install the NEW Whirlwind 3 Blade prop on my RV10 for testing with Jim R. From Whirlwind. I had the standard Hartzell.
Prop and spinner installed with the same cowl spacing, no issues except having to lengthen the nose gear slot on the bottom of the cowl because of having a extra blade in the way.
As wonderful as the Hartzell is I must say this Whirlwind was nothing short of amazing!!! Increased climb, smooooooooth!!! Very smooth. All my temps seemed even better, closer. We took the 10 up to 10.5 ft to see if it matches the Hartzell cruise and it's so close I really need to take a longer trip to get better numbers but initially it seems to have not lost any as other three blades do.
Did I mention how smooth and balanced the Whirlwind is???
Pics and other info will be coming soon from Whirlwind,
Started another 14A assist build
Built: two 7s, two 8's, two 9As,10,12, RANS S7
RV Jackpoints mfg'r "wintermotorsports.com"
Dues paid, And an ADD
Didn't know retirement was such hard work!!!!!
When does a repeat offender stop????
Old 06-24-2019, 05:37 PM

Default Prop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmattmul View Post
G

They seem to be producing one for the IO540 called the 375 @ 378HRT, just FYI. I've not heard anyone's experience with this prop. So far they have been prompt at least getting me a quote and delivery. The 300-72RV series is being made in their California facility instead of the constant speed facility in Ohio to help with back-log.
I’m running the 375 and can attest it works very well. VERY SMOOTH
Garmin G900X
First Flight 2/14/2019
Old 06-25-2019, 10:30 AM

Default Dollars and sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhirlWind Propellers View Post
(Note: “New” refers to April 23, 2019)

Available for order through Whirl Wind Aviation, the introductory 2019 list price is $12,500 (includes the propeller and 13” RV style spinner).
Gorgeous and I am certain, impressive prop.
However comma, it's hard to justify spending more $$ on a propeller than my used 0-360J, Catto and panel cost combined!

V/R
Smokey

Last edited by smokyray : 06-25-2019 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:09 PM

Default 300-72RV on order

Ordered the prop a few weeks ago, so far customer service has been outstanding. I've seen WW paint on props and I must say I hope mine is as good!! They are very willing to custom paint a prop complete with custom tip striping.