VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 06-25-2019, 01:08 PM

Gee, I guess I was spoiled! Three 2x6's laminated together spanned across the horizontal members of four roof trusses. A short chain around the 2x6 "beam" engaged the hook on the top end of a chain hoist. Slide the engine crate under the chain hoist. Install a shackle in the engine lifting eye. Engage the lower hook of the chain hoist in shackle and you're all set to lift the engine out of its box. Once it was up and clear of the box I rolled in the engine hoist, attached its lifting hook to the shackle, took up the load and disconnected the chain hoist so it wouldn't be in the way. Then I lowered the engine onto appropriate supports on a work table, keeping the engine hoist connected "just in case".

This technique worked really well in swapping accessories from old engine to new.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:50 PM

Amazing!!
Why all the different unstandardize ways of shipping an engine? I guess itís base on what day of the week it is. I got mine 2.5 years ago...IO-390...EAA special.
Very please with the package....wonder if the backup has corners being cut.

R