What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Conical Lord Vibration Isolators

hempy.4

I want to upgrade my engine vibration isolators on my 1993 RV4 that has a conical 0320 B2C. The bird has 600 hrs on tach and 700 hrs hobbs and the rubber "biskets" have never been replaced, quite a bit of engine sag showing. I have reviewed the archives and see that the Lord mounts are reccomended - Vans offers them with the bolts for $600. Anyone out there in RV land made this switch, was it worth it, did they fit?

I want to upgrade my engine vibration isolators on my 1993 RV4 that has a conical 0320 B2C. The bird has 600 hrs on tach and 700 hrs hobbs and the rubber "biskets" have never been replaced, quite a bit of engine sag showing. I have reviewed the archives and see that the Lord mounts are reccomended - Vans offers them with the bolts for $600. Anyone out there in RV land made this switch, was it worth it, did they fit?

Yes, Definately Yes, and Yes!

Cheers,
Stein

Will the Lord mounts maintain the same Fore/Aft setting as the rubber biskets?

I should end up close, but the Lord mounts will not compress quite like the rubber biscuts so you may see a small difference, but if you left a quarter inch of spinner gap you should be ok. We tend to build RV's with pretty tight spinner gaps because over the years we've found that with good mounts, the engines just don't sag very much. Unless you have an extremely tight gap, I think you'd be fine during the swap.

Cheers,
Stein

Back