What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Deburring flange screw holes

msmst25

Well Known Member
I'm trying to think of a better way to deburr the holes on the inside of a flange. I have a right angle electric screwdriver to hold the countersink bit, but it doesn't fit. I've just been holding the bit in my hands and twisting it, but there has to be a better way. I've tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything.

... I've just been holding the bit in my hands and twisting it, but there has to be a better way. I've tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything.

Exactly how I do it.

Only take 1 to 1 and half turns. All those thin angles on the rudder and elevator need deburring. But, just barely. Its really easy to get carried away.

I bought a burraway tool.. it has a retractable blade and is really quick. The yard store sells them. They are pricey, but a great time saver. Word of caution though, they may enlarge the hole if the spring tension is too tight. Out of the package, I noticed it wanting to open the diameter, so I backed out the tension Allen screw and made the tension way softer. Practice on scrap but I think it may be the biggest time saver yet!

Back