What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Map Box Door

JohnF

Well Known Member
I am nearing the end of the fuselage kit, and starting the map box. I found the supplied door part measured EXACTLY per the plans, however it is in the shape of a trapazoid, not a rectangle. When you put a square on one side the "skew" shows 1/8th of an inch off of 90 degrees at the other end.

Did you find that too, and if so did it make any difference? A quick check holding the door up to the opening seems to me to be enough of an error to make the door not cover the opening.

How was yours?

It should be a rectangle. There is a slight gap (designed) on the bottom of the door due to the hinge.

Last edited:
I put a mp box in my RV10. The supplied door was too actually too small (narrow),:confused: I just cut a new one a little wider from some .063 and went on.

Marshall Alexander
RV10 N781DM

I would just cut some from a piece of .063 also if I had some...in the backwoods of Colorado you don't just go to the nearest aluminum supply house and get what you need ! I may substitute some thinner stuff (.054) I have on hand.

I would just cut some from a piece of .063 also if I had some...in the backwoods of Colorado you don't just go to the nearest aluminum supply house and get what you need ! I may substitute some thinner stuff (.054) I have on hand.

That would probably be just fine. It's not really structual.

Marshall Alexander
RV10 N781DM

Back