VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 07-16-2017, 01:44 PM

Default WTB: Lycoming IO360, 180hp CS Prop

Need to start shopping for an engine for our RV7. Looking for info and suggestions to what I have posted in the title. I'm new to building and am at the wing attach point on our QB project. Open to all options/recommendations. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dave
Old 07-16-2017, 07:59 PM

I expect to be in the same position a year from now. You can try BarnStormers website and look under Engines, Piston and then filter for Lycoming. I see some IO320s and O-360s, but few IO-360s. Also try searching for aircraft engine salvage companies (if you want to go that route) including; Atlanta Air Exchange, Air Salvage Dallas, etc. Many of the engines listed have suffered a prop strike as well. Use and rebuilding of these engines, I believe, has already been covered in this forum, so you may want to search and read the topic threads. Alternatively, there is also Van's Lycoming discounted engine and since Oshkosh is coming up soon, there may be some discounts offered there?? Lastly, there are also some custom engine builders that can provide what you are looking for but although pricey, they are likely a good investment for durability and future resale as well.
Good luck,
Old 07-17-2017, 04:35 AM

All good info.

Thanks
Old 07-17-2017, 07:16 AM

Default O-360 for sale

I am posting this for a friend - please call him 1st.

Seth Hancock 512.864.5529 @ Texas Engine Services

O-360-A1A Titan/experimental (new engine) hollow crank, Superior cyls, Sky Tec starter, Vetterman exhaust, Governor, 8.5 pistons

$24K

Seth is our local go-to engine guy - he has built two 550s up for me, and they work as expected with no hiccups. Many Continentals and Lycomings to his credit.

Good luck!
Mark
Old 07-18-2017, 05:22 AM

Ok thanks. I'll give him a call