VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 07-04-2017, 09:45 AM

Default RV-8 Wing Root Fairing Question

Spending some quality time with the 8 build today and getting close to running out of things to do. Installed the right wing root fairing last night and all went well. Working on the left side today and noticed the rear fairing (top of wing) doesn't align with the trailing edge of the wing when the pre-punched holes in the fairing are aligned with the holes in the inner wing edge. The rear edge of the fairing is about an inch "short" of the rear edge of the wing.

The kit was a "build in progress" when I bought it so not sure if the previous builder trimmed the fairing to short or it's supposed to be that way. Given that the Mothership is closed today, thought I'd check here for the answer.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

RV 8 Under Construction (N184CE Reserved), Showplanes Fastback, Superior IO 400; Dual 10.4 HXr

Kitfox 7; Rotax 914, Built and Sold

VAF donation gladly paid through July 2018
Old 07-04-2017, 11:10 AM

Trailing edge of the fairings are intended to be coincident with the T.E. of the wing skin (like your first side was).

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")
Old 07-04-2017, 11:14 AM

Thanks Scott - that's what I thought and didn't see anything in the plans to suggest otherwise. Thanks for confirming....I'll get another one on the way tomorrow.

RV 8 Under Construction (N184CE Reserved), Showplanes Fastback, Superior IO 400; Dual 10.4 HXr

Kitfox 7; Rotax 914, Built and Sold

VAF donation gladly paid through July 2018