What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What did Santa bring?

penguin

Well Known Member
Patron
I thought this was really cool, especially as she hasn't been 'doing glass' for very long.

Pete

glasscasper18fq.jpg

Last edited:
Nose wheel VS tail wheel

Nah, the tail dragger's wheel is much smaller so is more difficult to make in glass. Being much smaller, it's way easier to break a tail dragger RV... but we all knew that ;)

This settles the whole argument; nose wheels are better :D

Trying to get back on topic...

Well, Santa didn't bring me the winning lotto ticket. I guess I'll still have to work for the Army and go where they send me (which means I don't get to start building yet).

HOWEVER, he did bring me a copy of 16R and a Lowrance AIRMAP 1000. Got to test the AM1000 on a trip to COOPERS BBQ yesterday, and it was awesome. Of course renting a "spam can" to get there sucked with the winds aloft. 100kts over the ground into a 20 knt headwind. To add insult to injury, there were 2 RVs (N444TX...nice work! & N2698F) on the ramp when I got there. Gee...I bet they get a little better than 100 over the ground. ;)

Oh well...one of these days when I have more time available...

Happy New Year to all

-Greg

Santa brought me some new Sharpie pens (if I ever go inverted, I'm pretty sure I will be showered with old Sharpie pens) , a copy of the '05 Oshkosh DVD, and a Craftsman Laser Trak outfit which will come in handy at wing mating and empennage mating time.

great stuff

1. One of those special oil filter torque wrenches
2. An 18 month stick on carbon monoxide detector
3. A rosen stick on sunshade
4. non-aviation related stuff

My wife is the BEST!

She gave me a spin on filter adapter, complements of Mattituck (Thanks Malon), for my O-290-D2 and a DVD of "Those Daring Young Men and Their Flying Machines", and some other stuff.

Her father gave me a set of stubby wrenches, a wire crimper, and another toolbox.

I hope all of you had a great Christmas and an even better New Year!

N797rv

I got a pair of HOOKERS, my wife knows what I need !!

Dick
N797RV reserved
Waiting for my TMX O-360 (Feb 06)

OK, I get to brag on my wife too. She got me an Icom IC-A24 handheld.
If anyone else out there has one of these, how do you get the duplex feature to work? I can have the NAV channel selected and when I key the mike the Center frequency is called that I programmed in but when I release the PTT button the receive goes back to the NAV channel. If I can't hear the programmed channel then I can't see much point in transmitting. I'm sure this is Greek unless you have this model handheld but I thought I would give it a shot. :confused:

Thanks in advance,

My wife bought me one of those mechanic's stools from Checker Auto. Just the ticket for the guy using the bucking bar inside the upsidedown fuselage! There was a pair of 9" Wiss snips as a stocking stuffer, too.
Steve

To my surprise my wonderful wife gave me the RV-7 emp kit. I also received the DRDT-2 dimpler along with other must have tools. Now she knows I will gladly do whatever she asks.

Got the OK

My wife gave me the OK on Christmas morning when she gave me the start(well maybe the finish) of my new 9A. An airspeed, Vertical Speed, and an altimeter. The Empennage gets ordered tomorrow or Thrusday. The instruments were a real surprise. I think I had the RV grin Christmas Morning.
Have a safe and prosperous New Year.
Russel

Cash!

My wife is the Best: Gave me certificate for Vans with the subtle message
"No more airplanes!" Anyone interested in a 182 partnership(not!) :D ??
Happy new year!
Brad

Back