What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slider roller track question.

fabricflyer

Well Known Member
How many of you end up with the 40 13/16" measurement between the tracks after getting the 1/16" inset of frame side bows from the fuselage sides? I get the 40 13/16" measurement when I place the tracks as shown on DWG 42, DETAIL A. I don't if I widen the canopy frame (WD-650) in order to get the 1/16" inset from fuselage sides. How critical is that 40 13/16" measurement? Is the 1/16" inset from fuselage sides more important and critical?

Thanks for any info,
Allen

The width of the fuse at the slider track can vary from plane to plane, there is a separate thread discussing that. 1/16 inset from the sides a good place to start. The plans also state to keep the tracks parallel, so you'll want to check that.

That being said, it's really just a matter of best fit I think. My QB fuse was really wide up towards the instrument panel (I think, there's no dimension here but it became evident when fitting the tracks... Top front skin is also real difficult to stretch and cleco in place.). My tracks are 41-3/16" apart at the front and 41" apart at the rear. The canopy slides good, almost too good, no resistance at all.

Back