What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Putting on Engine Mount?

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
How hare should it be to get the bolts through the holes on the engine mount in the holes in the firewall? Is there a trick to putting on the engine mount?

I can get 5 of the 6 bolts in place relatively easily, but they don't slide into place. I have to use a ratchet wrench while pushing with my hand to get some of the bolts in then the last top one is a nightmare. After I finally got it started, I really had to work to get in into place and while doing so, the coating on the outside of the bolt is scraped off. In addition the bolts on top seem to be canted out on both sides. Will this fix itself when tightening. Is the bolt which the outside coating still OK to use.

I must be missing something about putting on the engine mount. This is the first part that I have tried to put on that is not lined up correctly.

Anyone else have issues?

Thanks
Ken

If you already drilled the holes in the fusealge engine mount weldments, the option left is “arm strong”. The mount will flex enough to get the bolts in. Use your assortment of drift pins to get holes lined up, and a 2x4 for leverage on the mount.

Add grease on the bolts - at some point you might need to pull them and the grease will prevent them from fusing with the weldments. Rule is never have two pieces of metal in contact without grease.

Carl

Last edited:
The holes in the mount were already predrilled.

What kind of grease should be used? AreoShell Grease 5.

I just trying not to destroy the threads on the bolts in the process of putting them in.

Thanks
Ken

Back