What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Support Metal Mafia@Reno Air Races

Chkaharyer99

Well Known Member
Friend
I want to acknowledge the folks at Dynon for their generous support of the Sport Class at the 2018 Reno Air Races.

Dynon generously provided the Sport Class A large well equipped hospitality tent.

There are several RV?s and Rockets racing and parked throughout the pits at Reno.

Come by and see Dan ?Nordo? West beautiful RV-8. He posted a qualifying speed on Monday of 248.439 mph.

Lee Ulrich in his RV7 qualified at 242.236 mph.

Jason Rovey RV-8 posted a speed in qualifying of 244.136.

Congratulations to all. Stop by the Dynon tent to see the Dynon equippment that helps these RVs achieve these blistering speeds.

Well done Dynon for being where Experimental is Experimental ,
Reno Air Races !!

For those that are there could you please post some pictures of fast RV's.
especially things done differently .
( cowls,intakes,exhausts,fairings, SDS EFII etc )

So many of the news feeds focus on the unlimited or plastic aircraft.

Thanks in advance

Our Pleasure!

Charlie, thanks for the kind words! I would ask everyone who enjoyed the tent at Reno to let Dynon know it and how we can improve it for next year.

I can tell you that as someone who most of the week at teh aces, I greatly appreciated the tent - a place to relax between events, in the shade, with a comfy couch and recliner - and all right in the middle of the action. It served as a great place to work - being a working journalist of sorts!

Thanks again Dynon!

Charlie, thanks for the kind words! I would ask everyone who enjoyed the tent at Reno to let Dynon know it and how we can improve it for next year.

Dynon Dave and Associates,

It was my great honor and privilege to act as crew chief for my friend Lee Ulrich, #101, a turbo charged angle valve IO-360, Vans RV-7, called the "General Lee".

My job as crew chief was made significantly more effective and efficient because of Dynon's generous provision of an appropriately sized hospitality tent. The tent was in close proximity to the 101, and served as a base of operations for discussing tactics, race strategy, and/or cooling off or getting out of the wind.

Many enjoyed the numerous amenities, treats, cold drinks and other refreshments supplied by the folks from Dynon. The couch and comfy chair were especially popular. There always seemed to be enough chairs to accommodate everyone who visited.

The Dynon hats, stickers and other swag were very popular.

Countless folks gawked at the Dynon panels in both Dan "Nordo" West beautiful blue and white Super Charged RV-8 as well as Lee's 101.

As for what Dynon can do better next year? That's difficult to say because your support was, in my opinion, over the top. Maybe more exposure to your staff, a few more hats, some T-shirts. If appropriate, consider a raffle.

It was really cool meeting you Dave. I was impressed to see you hanging out pumping gas in race planes. Your hard work and support serves as a great example to everyone who participated. Thank you!

Many enjoyed the numerous amenities, treats, cold drinks and other refreshments supplied by the folks from Dynon. The couch and comfy chair were especially popular. There always seemed to be enough chairs to accommodate everyone who visited.

Yep, even those of us who were supporting/campaigning tupperware aircraft;)

Dynon at Reno

Thank You Dynon I had the privilege to park my Dynon Sponsored aircraft next to the tent. I had a lot of people asking how Dynon helps the racers. I explain to them how during the race the voice in the Dynon alerts us to out of limits gauges. We don't always have time to look as we have traffic and pylons to look at. After each heat we download the information and study egt, cht, mp, rpm and fuel flow and what other items we want to look at. I could not have ran 248.6 mph without Dynon's Help. The tent was awesome and lots of racers and fans enjoyed it. Way to go Dynon. Thanks again.

Back