What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV9A

no7rosman

I bought my 9A about 5 months ago and just signed up for my VAF account a couple days ago. Since tonight I had to ask a question here (and got great help)...I figured I'd take moment to say how much I like this **** airplane.

It's a 180 hp fixed pitch and I fly from a 4500' MSL field. Density altitude has been over 8K a lot this summer. She doesn't scream off the ground full of fuel and 2 passengers but does just fine. It flies great at high altitudes, it's great for local flights, faster than my 182, really efficient, and I feel cool flying it. What more can you ask for? I love being in the bubble!

My friend has a 7A I flew just before buying this one and it's definitely lighter on the stick. I went with the bigger wing to get my IFR rating and I am not in to aerobatics. She has been on a couple trips already including one with my girlfriend and it did great. We were able to bring plenty of gear and were both really comfortable. Most importantly we felt cool.

Anyway its a great plane and I am sure you all know what I am talking about. Thanks for listening!

after a trip, sometime I would sit in a chair and stare at the plane and think, WOW.

Last edited:
I bought my 9A about 5 months ago and just signed up for my VAF account a couple days ago. Since tonight I had to ask a question here (and got great help)...I figured I'd take moment to say how much I like this **** airplane.

Snip

Anyway its a great plane and I am sure you all know what I am talking about. Thanks for listening!

We do know what you are talking about. Thanks for sharing :)

Back