What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MT prop for RV-3?

sf3543

Well Known Member
Does anyone have any experience or information for the MT prop on an RV3?
I'm planning on the 160 HP 320 engine and although I like the Whirlwind CS prop I don't like the 350 hr inspection interval.
I'm looking at the MT two blade hydraulic prop.
Any comments?
Thanks,

I would like some input as well and choose not to start a new thread....

I recently purchased a 22 YO RV-3, 0320A1A. It has a small 62" prop on it now, pitch and manufacturere unknown but the previous pilot/owner/builder liked this prop. I also have a Pacesetter 68-66 and a Sterba Experimental 68-72. 68 inches looks like the right prop but would like other input on which to use. Yes I know Pacesetter is out of business however this is the best looking prop. All three have spinner gouges around the hub.

I would like some input as well and choose not to start a new thread....

I recently purchased a 22 YO RV-3, 0320A1A. It has a small 62" prop on it now, pitch and manufacturere unknown but the previous pilot/owner/builder liked this prop. I also have a Pacesetter 68-66 and a Sterba Experimental 68-72. 68 inches looks like the right prop but would like other input on which to use. Yes I know Pacesetter is out of business however this is the best looking prop. All three have spinner gouges around the hub.

I would be nervous about "spinner gouges around the hub". If they are significant enough to mention, I'd think yu might want to be looking for a new prop.

Paul

Back