What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-1040 Upper Fuse Channels

Freightdawg

Well Known Member
I just sent the following to the Mother Ship, but you guys are usually faster with a reply:

We?re up to page 29-16 and I have a question about the Upper Fuse Channels. There are three sets of three holes in the upper flange that look like they?re for plate nuts. I can?t find any reference before of after about riveting plate nuts on the channels. However, once the F-1042E Gussets are riveted to the channels, there will no longer be access to the aft-most hole for countersinking for a flush rivet.

Did I miss something in the plans? Is something missing in the plans? Are theses for optional accessories?

The holes are in the figures on 29-1 and 31-7, but nowhere else where you can see the channels.

TIA,

Jeff

I just sent the following to the Mother Ship, but you guys are usually faster with a reply:

We?re up to page 29-16 and I have a question about the Upper Fuse Channels. There are three sets of three holes in the upper flange that look like they?re for plate nuts. I can?t find any reference before of after about riveting plate nuts on the channels. However, once the F-1042E Gussets are riveted to the channels, there will no longer be access to the aft-most hole for countersinking for a flush rivet.

Did I miss something in the plans? Is something missing in the plans? Are theses for optional accessories?

The holes are in the figures on 29-1 and 31-7, but nowhere else where you can see the channels.

TIA,

Jeff

Page 35-7 figure 2 - wire covers. Been a while, but I have several notes highlighted on the page you mention to install the nutplates 1000-8s for 515-8R8s. I believe I found this on someone's 'gotcha' list on their build log. Maybe Tim Olson's...?

Back