What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip up canopy guide

You're local plastic supplier? A little chunk of UHMW and 30min will take you far.

Katanapilot I liked your idea, I checked their website, they don't say anything about fitting on the RV9. Does anyone knows if it would be the same for the 7 and 9? thanks

Bought a slab of 3/4" UHMW plastic and probably have enough leftover for another 10 canopy guides. It is easy to cut with a saw, then just sand it smooth.

IMG_3977-M.jpg

IMG_3978-M.jpg

Mount it with 2 countersunk screws. I created a plate with two nutplates on it to capture the screws, since there is no way to get a wrench up inside the roll bar to hold the nuts as you tighten the screws.

IMG_3981-M.jpg

Message me your address and I'll mail you some plastic.

Only 19 hours into Phase 1 testing, but I've been pretty happy with these -

https://bullerent.com/product/rv-canopy-guide/

Based on this thread, I bought a set of these too. Installed them yesterday. They fit perfectly and were easy to install. The hardest part was getting the washers on the back of the screws.

I've got 700+ hours on my 7A and I have had issues getting the canopy closed in the winter when the canopy changes shape enough to to have alignment problems. I was going to build my own, but for the price I am very happy with these. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Based on this thread, I bought a set of these too. Installed them yesterday. They fit perfectly and were easy to install. The hardest part was getting the washers on the back of the screws.

I've got 700+ hours on my 7A and I have had issues getting the canopy closed in the winter when the canopy changes shape enough to to have alignment problems. I was going to build my own, but for the price I am very happy with these. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

I also bought a set of them for my 7. My issue was not getting the canopy closed but having the corners of the canopy hit the rollbar when the canopy was left partially open in warm weather with the safety latch sitting on the rollbar. The guides were too short so I installed mine 1.5" up from the crossbar. Now the latches sit inside the guides when the canopy is partially open and the canopy corners can not contact the rollbar. He is working on a redesign to correct this issue. The guide just needs to be longer IMHO.

Al

Back