VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-03-2018, 10:39 AM

Default Noise on the GTR 200 Com.

I started flying this aircraft June 2017 the GTR200 com. worked fine for approximately 60 hours. Starting in December the problem now is after about 15 minutes into the flight you start hearing a noise that building to a full squelch noise. If I turn the unit off and leave it off for a while it seems to come back with less noise and then build. Back on the ground and the radio seems normal.
Iíve checked the grounds and the antenna connections.

Yesterday the temperature was in the 70ís and the GTR 200 worked perfectly normal for the complete flight, the first time since the problem began.
However, today I flew the aircraft again and the problem is back. Note, the temperature was in the 50ís.

Any ideas?
Old 02-03-2018, 10:43 AM

Iím sorry I hit a key and sent it again
Old 02-03-2018, 11:42 AM

Default Intermittent noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by backcountry View Post
I started flying this aircraft June 2017 the GTR200 com. worked fine for approximately 60 hours. Starting in December the problem now is after about 15 minutes into the flight you start hearing a noise that building to a full squelch noise. If I turn the unit off and leave it off for a while it seems to come back with less noise and then build. Back on the ground and the radio seems normal.
Iíve checked the grounds and the antenna connections.

Yesterday the temperature was in the 70ís and the GTR 200 worked perfectly normal for the complete flight, the first time since the problem began.
However, today I flew the aircraft again and the problem is back. Note, the temperature was in the 50ís.

Any ideas?
Have you called Garmin?
I had an intermittent display problem that seemed to be Time/Temp related. They aknowledged a firmware issue that affected some units in a particular S/N range. Sent me a new unit. Also, they told me they have some latitude with the warranty period for us builders, since they know that most units do not enter service immediately after purchase.
All the best!
No paint yet. Working on a scheme with John Deere colors or accents.