VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 01-27-2018, 09:22 AM

Default P60G2 - Quick question

I found this product on a few sites and the instructions reference mixing the product and the reducer to create a spray-able product.

I am wondering what you guys might be using to apply this? Would you use an industrial sprayer or something like a light airbrush sprayer?

Steve

Last edited by SteFree RV-8 : 01-27-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteFree RV-8 View Post
I found this product on a few sites and the instructions reference mixing the product and the reducer to create a spray-able product.

I am wondering what you guys might be using to apply this? Would you use an industrial sprayer or something like a light airbrush sprayer?

Steve
I used a commercial spray system. You also need to protect yourself with a fresh air breathing system of some type. The biggest mistake folks make is putting it on too thick. It is a wash primer and I believed the specs call for a thickness of only 4 mils, or something like that. When you are done, the finish looks like a subtle greenish tint and slight dullness of the aluminum. The stuff Vans uses is the same but the dye is grayish in color.
Follow the same process as if you where painting anything else. Prep for me was maroon Scotchbrite and Prep-all cleaner then wiped with a wet cloth then air dry.

RV6 - Builder/Flying
Bucker Jungmann
Fiat G.46 -(restoration in progress, if I have enough life left in me)
RV1 - Proud Pilot.