What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AA6-187 sub

1bigdog

Well Known Member
Hi all. Looking for a sanity check.
I'm building the fuse first, and QB wings to come. Apparently this means there is not enough stock of the AA6-187 2x2.5 to complete all the fuse parts because as VANS explained I went out of sequence and this would have been left over from the wings.

That being said, AC Spruce carries part 03-00007, which is
6061 T6 3/16 stock, sold by the foot. Their stock however is 2.5x2.5".
Anything wrong with cutting that extra 1/2" off to make it correct for the plan?
It's just a matter of convenience because I can get from ACS in 2 days or VANs in 2 weeks.

Thanks for the insight.

Michael B.

Sorry I don't remember what that would be used for. I think that is the tank attach bracket. For your use I believe it is a fabricated bracket and the 2.5x2.5 would be fine as long as it is the same thickness.
Also they make two differant types You will need the 6061-T6 as it is structural.
I don't know about availability in Canada but here in Florida we have many local places that sell scrap.

Correct, tank attach

Sorry I don't remember what that would be used for. I think that is the tank attach bracket. For your use I believe it is a fabricated bracket and the 2.5x2.5 would be fine as long as it is the same thickness.
Also they make two differant types You will need the 6061-T6 as it is structural.
I don't know about availability in Canada but here in Florida we have many local places that sell scrap.

Hi Mark. You are correct, it is for the tank attach. And of interest for anyone else going out of sequence, the QB wing would not have had left over stock. Vans is being good enough to send the stock so its just a matter of getting here quick otherwise I might still need it from ACS.

Thanks.

Michael B.

Back